Read the finest Reddit digest and your (Reddit) life will be changed forever
Save time and control your Reddit addiction
- Limit the number of submissions you see.
- Set a minimum score. Submissions with lower scores will not be shown.
Reddit more efficiently to save even more time
- Reddit shows you posts you have already seen. This gets worse the more often you check Reddit and we know how often that is. redigester lets you hide them.
- After hiding all current submissions, your digest will be empty. This makes it very hard to spend hours and hours endlessly scrolling yourself into a state of blissless absentmindedness just to finally wake up and regret everything you ever did in your life.
- Submissions with more comments get higher scores.
- No pagination. That means no loading after every 25 posts. Instead, redigester shows you a high maximum number of links on one and only one page.
Sorting submissions by Top or Hot is flawed
- Top underrepresents small subreddits as their submissions’ scores are usually low compared to large subreddits.
- Top is bad for posts from 2–6 days ago. There is only Top Today and Top This Week. If you have been on Reddit 3 days ago, you will see the posts you have already seen from 4–7 days ago.
- Hot is flawed when you want to see posts older than a day or so as old posts lose their hotness rapidly.
- At the moment, hot is even more flawed because of an algorithm change that makes it staler than that pizza you forgot about a week ago.
Scores are hard to compare
- Reddit does not give you a comparable score for a submission with 10 points in a small subreddit and a submission with 2000 points in a large subreddit. 10 points in a small subreddit could mean that 100% of its subscribers upvoted it. 2000 points in a default subreddit could mean that less than 1‰ upvoted it. Scores on redigester take this into account and are more comparable.
Live your dreams
- Go on vacation and do not check Reddit. All the great content from all your subreddits will be be easily accessible when you are back.
- Restore your work-life-Reddit balance.
- Spend more time with your family. Or less because of all the new friends and hobbies you will have time for.
- Spend time outside. Give it a try, it is not that bad.
- Spend time with your cat or dog.
- Save your marriage. Or have enough time for a divorce.
- Get to bed in time. Sleep deprivation makes you stupid. Try to imagine, just for one moment, how many redditors must not get enough sleep.
- Hide any subreddit from /r/all (requires Reddit account).
- Hide your subscribed subreddits from /r/all (requires Reddit account).
- (You will not get these two features on Reddit unless you are filthy rich and have Reddit gold.)[source]
- You can toggle SFW and NSFW submissions. Not sure why anyone would want this but it is entirely possible to only see NSFW submissions from /r/all.
- While Reddit Enhancement Suite and several Reddit apps can filter subreddits, they usually have a side effect: Each page shows fewer and fewer links as more and more submissions are filtered out. You might end up with 3–5 links per page in /r/all waiting constantly for it to load more. As mentioned above, redigester shows you a high maximum number of links on one and only one page.
- Reddit limits the number of subreddits on your frontpage to 50 subreddits (100 if you have gold).[source] redigester will show you all your subreddits all the time.
Some features require access to my Reddit account? Are you kidding?
No. Sadly, I will not be able to post stupid comments under your name – that will remain your responsibility.
Here is the list of granted permissions and how redigester uses them:
My Identity: Access my Reddit username and signup date.
redigester is remarkably polite and calls you by name.
Edit My Subscriptions: Manage my subreddit subscriptions. Manage “friends” – users whose content I follow.
To allow you to subscribe to or unsubscribe from subreddits directly on redigester.
My Subreddits: Access the list of subreddits I moderate, contribute to, and subscribe to.
redigester uses your subreddit subscriptions to create a personal digest of your frontpage. Or would you rather like to see the digest of some random redditor’s frontpage?